- Scert Andhra Pradesh
SCERT Andhra Pradesh
The State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT) Andhra Pradesh was established on 27th July, 1967 after the amalgamation of the State Institute of Education, the State Bureau of Educational and Vocational Guidance, State Science Education Unit and the State Evaluation Unit.
SCERT Andhra Pradesh Objectives
- To Organise in – service training for teacher educators and to teachers of Primary, Upper;Primary and Secondary Schools.
- To Act as a clearing house for ideas and information to keep the teacher educators and teachers abreast of the latest developments in the field of Education
- To Provide academic guidance to the schools through extention services.
- To Undertake studies, investigations and surveys relating to educational matters on the appraisal of educational programmes.
- To Undertake and co – ordinate action research projects on instructional practices, Educational problems etc.
- To Undertake publication of books, periodicals and Audio ,Video Material.
- To Undertake evaluation and research studies to find out the impact of educational programmes in the state.
SCERT Andhra Pradesh Functions
- Preparation of curricula, syllabi, instructional material for Primary, Upper Primary, Secondary and alternative systems of education.
- Development of evaluation procedures and material, which are helpful to the practicing teachers.
- Bridging gaps between the methods and techniques advocated in training and the actual classroom practices.
- Dissemination of knowledge relating to improved methods and techniques to be followed by educational institutions.
- Co-ordination with national and international Organization In academic programs.
- Resource support to implement the Academic Policies laid down by the Government.
- Organization of orientation programs for the professional growth of teachers, teachers-educators, supervisor's etc.
- Publication of journals, Periodicals, Books.
- To develop new courses in Teacher Education.
- To frame and revice curriculum of teacher Education courses periodically.
- To conduct teacher education courses to untrained teachers through distance mode.
- The different departments of SCERT have taken up activities to gear to the functions of the organization.
SCERT Andhra Pradesh Teacher Education & Extension
There is a dire need to sustain quality of Teacher Education in order to ensure quality in School Education. To achieve this end, the teacher education programmes are to be revamped in the context of reforms brought out in school education from time to time. Further, a process of continuous systematic monitoring needs to be adopted to take care of the standards of Teacher Education in the state. Hence, the Department of Teachers Education is created.
- Preparation, review and restructuring curricular frame work for Pre-Primary, Elementary and Language Pandit Teacher Education courses.
- Monitoring and inspecting the Teacher Education Institutions in the State to appraise their status and functioning.
- Assisting the Department of School Education in framing and preparing the Teacher Education policies and plans.
- Providing training to the Teacher Educators to raise their instructional standards.
- Organising Orientation and Training Programmes to the field functionaries like MEOs, Head Masters connected with School inspection and management.
- Organising Seminars, Conferences and Meetings for creating awareness of quality in Teacher Education.
- Developing instructional material for Teacher Educators.
- Coordinating and establishing links with the institutions like NCERT, NIEPA, NCTE, RIE, DPEP/SSA to promote excellence in pre-service and in-service programmes.
- Under taking research studies concerning various issues in Teacher Education and other aspects of School Education.
SCERT Andhra Pradesh Curriculum & Text Books & Pupil Assessment
Preparation of A.P. State School level Curriculum & syllabus in the light of curriculum framework of the NCERT.
- Development of textbooks based on syllabus.
- Development of handbooks for teachers.
- Orientation programme to teachers in a cascade manner in all school subjects as and when new textbooks are introduced.
- Research on curriculum related issues.
The Department of Mathematics Education is meant to develop professional expertise among the mathematics teachers of Primary and Secondary schools. It also devises the various programmes in Mathematics for promotion of Mathematics learning among the children and community at large. As SCERT is an academic advisory body to the Government of Andhra Pradesh, the Department of Mathematics do perform various roles in policy making, provides necessary academic inputs and develops resources.
SCERT Andhra Pradesh Contact Details
State Council of Educational Research and Training,
Department of School Education
Sri Anjaneya Towers, B-Block, Door No. 7-104,
2nd Floor, N.T.T.P.S. Road, Ibrahim Patnam, Amaravathi,
Vijayawada, Krishna Dt. PIN - 521 456.