- Yogi Vemana University
Yogi Vemana University
Yogi Vemana University was established in 2006. It is named after thinker, poet, sage and yogi, Vemana. It is aimed to provide higher education to the students and researchers of the backward region of Rayalseema region in general and Y.S. R district in particular.
The University was earlier the Sri Venkateswara University Post Graduate Centre which was elevated to a University in 2006 to encourage and promote quality research among the students in the region. At present the university has 115 faculty members and about 200 non-teaching staff. It is an affiliating university where students are enrolled in B.Ed, MCA, MBA and other postgraduate courses.
The University has 27 departments offering conventional and inter-disciplinary courses in basic and applied sciences, humanities, social sciences and management. The university has launched two five year M.Sc integrated courses, namely Earth Sciences and Biotechnology & Bio-Informatics in 2007. The University also started research programmes leading to PhD in the year 2010 and currently about 170 research scholars are pursuing research in 27 different Departments.
- Envisaged to flourish in the academic domain as one of the globally renowned public universities
- Safeguarding the spirit of true education and strive for human and academic excellence.
- Creating a vibrant and vigorous environment for scientific, intellectual and moral enrichment
- To adapt best pedagogical practices that sharpen the intellect, stimulate the aptitude and strengthen the attitude of the students.
- To update the required skills in order to efficiently compete in the world of cut throat competition.
- To introduce and design useful, innovative and relevant courses in tune with the needs of society, academia and industry.
- To equip the students with the required employability skills by providing proper guidance and direction.
- To ensure complete objectivity in evaluation by following healthy practices.
- To serve as a beacon light for the society to progress and prosper in all fronts
The University aims at:
- Becoming a seminary for enhancing knowledge and a resource centre for research and socially useful activities.
- Establishing collaboration with world class institutions with a deep sense of sharing knowledge and its benefits.
- Enabling and empowering the students by tapping their talents and channelizing their abilities.
- Encouraging the students, researchers and faculty to take up the challenges and contribute purposefully to the overall progress of the nation.
Academics in Yogi Vemana University
- Communication & journalism
- History & Archaeology
- Political Science & Public Administration
Five Year Integrated M.sc.Courses In Earth & Biotechnology
- Applied Mathematics
- Environmental Sciences
- Genetics & Genomics
- Geology & Geoinformatics
- Material science & Nanotechnology
- Physical Education & Sports Sciences
- Integrated M.Sc.Biotechnology & Bioinformatics
- Integrated M.Sc.Earth Science
Bachelor Of Fine Arts
P.G.Diploma In Theatre Arts
Admission in Yogi Vemana University
Different admission measures are taken into consideration to select the students for UG, PG and Ph.D. courses. For BTech courses, the candidates are selected on the basis of their JEE score as the University only provides engineering courses for this level. For PG, candidates are selected on the basis of merit in YVU-CET and for Ph.D, the eligibility criteria of the candidates varies from specialisation to specialisation.
SVUPG Centre Library
The SVUPG Centre Library was started in the year 1997 with a small collection of Books. The Library has steadily grown over the years and now has nearly 30,000 books of different subjects besides 30 journals subscription of National and International repute. The Library caters to the information needs of the students, sub-scribes News papers and Magazines and follows Open Access System.
Yogi Vemana University
Kadapa – 516 005