- Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test
Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test (APSET) 2018
Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test (APSET) is conducted by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on behalf of Government of Andhra Pradesh to recruit Assistant Professors or Lecturers in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
APSET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Post Graduate degree holders are eligible to apply for this test but they must have obtained their PG degree only from UGC recognized university.
- Candidates must need to secure minimum marks of 55% and this is pertinent to all general category candidates. Aspirants belonging to reserved categories such as OBC (non-creamy layer)/SC/ST/PwD are eligible to apply if they have secured minimum 50% aggregate in their Master’s degree or equivalent exam.
- Candidates who possess a PhD degree and who have completed their Master’s level examination by September 19, 1991 (irrespective of date when result is declared) will be eligible for 5% relaxation in aggregate marks (that is, from 55% to 50%) for appearing in APSET exam.
- Candidates can be degree holders or they can just studying their final year of graduation in terms of undertaking this examination.
APSET 2018 Important Dates (Tentative)
- Application Starts: 30th March 2018
- Application ends without late fees: 17th May 2018
- Application ends with late fee of Rs. 1000/-: 24th May 2018
- Application ends with late fee of Rs. 5000/-: 21st June 2018
- APSET Exam: 30th July 2018
APSET 2018 Exam Pattern
APSET exam comprises of three papers. Paper-I is common for all candidates whereas Paper-II and Paper-III comprises of questions from subjects selected by aspirants. The exam paper for Commerce, Economics, Education, History, Political Science, Public Administration, Sociology and Social work is also bilingual (English and Telugu).
APSET 2018 Paper I consists of 60 questions. Out of these, candidates need to attempt 50 questions. 60 (sixty) multiple choice questions of 2 marks each will be given.
Paper - I
Number of Questions: 60 (50 are compulsory)
Total Marks: 100
Duration: 1 Hour
Paper - II
Number of Questions: 50 (all are compulsory)
Total Marks: 100
Duration: 1 Hours
Paper - III
Number of Questions: 75 (all are compulsory)
Total Marks: 150
Duration: 2 Hours
APSET 2018 Syllabus
The main objective is to assess the teaching and research capabilities of the candidates. Therefore, the test is aimed at assessing the teaching and general research aptitude as well as their awareness. They are expected to possess and exhibit cognitive abilities. Cognitive abilities include comprehension, analysis, evaluation, understanding the structure of arguments and deductive and inductive reasoning. The candidates are also expected to have a general awareness and knowledge of sources of information. They should be aware of interaction between people, environment and natural resources and their impact on quality of life.
APSET 2018 Exam Centre
Visakhapatnam, Rajahmundry, Guntur, Nellore, Ananthapur and Thirupati.
APSET 2018 Registration Fees
All Open Category candidates - Rs. 1000
All OBC Category candidates - Rs. 800
SC/ST/PH/VH candidates - Rs.500
APSET 2018 Contact
Visakhapatnam - 530 003,
Andhra Pradesh, India.
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone : 0891 - 2730148 / 147