- Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test
Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test (APSET)
Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test (APSET) is conducted by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on behalf of Government of Andhra Pradesh to recruit Assistant Professors or Lecturers in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
APSET Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC (on the website: www.ugc.ac.in/oldpdf/consolidated%20list%20of%20All%20universities. pdf) are eligible for this Test. The Backward Classes (BC) /Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/persons with disability (PwD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of eligibility for Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of BC/SC/ ST/PwD category candidates). Such candidates must complete their Masters degree or equivalent examination within two years from the date of SET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates belonging to the transgender category would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, age and qualifying criteria for SET (i.e. Assistant Professor) as are available to SC/ST/PwD categories. The subject wise cut-offs for this category should be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PwD/BC categories in the corresponding subject.
- The Ph.D.degree holders whose Master’s level examination have been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their Post Graduation only. The candidates, whose Post Graduation subject is not covered in the list of SET subjects may appear in a related subject.
- Candidates are neither required to send any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form (Confirmation Page) to APSET office. However the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the APSET at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/ Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/ institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/ certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), NewDelhi (www.aiu.ac.in)
- There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for test.
- The qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities/ colleges situated in the Andhra Pradesh state from where they have cleared their SET.
- The candidates who have qualified earlier in APSET /UGC NET are not eligible to apply in the same subject they qualified.
APSET 2019 Important Dates
- APSET Notification: 28th July 2019
- Commencement of Submission of Online Applications: 05th August 2019
- Last date for Submission of Online Applications Without Late Fee (Only Registration Fee): 11th September 2019
- With a Late fee of Rs. 1,000+Registration Fee: 19th September 2019
- With a Late fee of Rs. 2,000+Registration Fee: 26th September 2019
- With a Late fee of Rs. 5,000+Registration Fee (Examination centre at Visakhapatnam only): 3rd October 2019
- Date of Examination: 20th October 2019
APSET Exam Pattern
APSET exam comprises of three papers. Paper-I is common for all candidates whereas Paper-II and Paper-III comprises of questions from subjects selected by aspirants. The exam paper for Commerce, Economics, Education, History, Political Science, Public Administration, Sociology and Social work is also bilingual (English and Telugu).
APSET Paper I consists of 60 questions. Out of these, candidates need to attempt 50 questions. 60 (sixty) multiple choice questions of 2 marks each will be given.
Paper - I
Number of Questions: 60 (50 are compulsory)
Total Marks: 100
Duration: 1 Hour
Paper - II
Number of Questions: 50 (all are compulsory)
Total Marks: 100
Duration: 1 Hours
Paper - III
Number of Questions: 75 (all are compulsory)
Total Marks: 150
Duration: 2 Hours
The main objective is to assess the teaching and research capabilities of the candidates. Therefore, the test is aimed at assessing the teaching and general research aptitude as well as their awareness. They are expected to possess and exhibit cognitive abilities. Cognitive abilities include comprehension, analysis, evaluation, understanding the structure of arguments and deductive and inductive reasoning. The candidates are also expected to have a general awareness and knowledge of sources of information. They should be aware of interaction between people, environment and natural resources and their impact on quality of life.
APSET Registration Fee
General Candidates: Rs 1200
OBC: Rs 1000
SC/ST: Rs 700
APSET ContactAndhra University,
Visakhapatnam - 530 003,
Andhra Pradesh, India.
E-Mail : email@example.com
Telephone : 0891 - 2730148 / 147