APECET: Andhra Pradesh Engineering Common Entrance Test
The JNTU Ananthapur conducts APECET generally in April/May. AP ECET is conducted for diploma holders and B.Sc. (Mathematics) graduates. The exam provides admission to B.E/B.Tech/B.Pharmacy courses in CBT mode across 14 regional centers in Andhra Pradesh.
APECET Important Dates
- Notification of APECET: February
- Commencement of Submission of Online application forms: February
- Last date for submission of online applications: March
- Date of AP ECET Examination: April/May
- APECET Results: June
- For exact dates visit EducationNews.Shiksha
Eligibility for APECET
- Bio-Technology: Biotechnology, Pharmacy, Chemical Engineering
- Ceramic Technology: Ceramic Technology Chemical Engineering Ceramic, Leather, Textile,
- Chemical Engineering, Chemical-Petrochemical, Chemical-Plastics & Polymers, Chemical-Oil Technology, Chemical-Sugar Technology, Petroleum Technology, Petrochemical Technology
- Civil Engineering: Civil, Civil-Construction Technology
- Computer Science And Engineering: Computer Engineering, Electronics And Computer, Special Diploma In Electronics With Computer, Information Technology Electronics And Communication Engineering
- Electronics And Communication Engineering, Special Diploma In Electronics-Biomedical, Tv And Sound, Industrial Electronics, Communication Engg, Embedded Systems, Applied Electronics And Instrumentation, Electronics And Instrumentation, Electronics And Telematics Electrical And Electronics Engineering
- Electrical And Electronics Engineering Electronics And Instrumentation Engineering Electronics And Instrumentation, Special Diploma In Electronics-Industrial Electronics, Applied Electronics And Instrumentation
- Mechanical Engineering: Automobile Engineering,Foot Wear Technology,Industrial Engineering, Industrial Production Engineering, Jewellary Design And Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering (Sandwich),Packaging Technology, Printing Technology, Aeronautical Engineering, Refregiration And Air Conditioning
- Metallurgical Engineering: Metallurgical Engineering
- Mining Engineering: Mining Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering,Industrial Production Engineering
- Pharmacy: Pharmacy
- B.Sc: B.Sc. With Mathematics As One Of The Optional Subjects
Other than the above academic requirements, the following eligibility conditions also need to be fulfilled:
- They should be of Indian Nationality.
- They should belong to the State of Andhra Pradesh. The candidates should satisfy local/non-local status requirements as laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admission) Order, 1974 as subsequently amended.
- They should have obtained a Diploma in Engineering and Technology/ Pharmacy from the State Board of Technical Education of Andhra Pradesh State or any other Diploma from an AICTE approved institution recognised by the Government of Andhra Pradesh as equivalent thereto for admission into the relevant B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Pharmacy courses into the Courses corresponding to the Diplomas as given in the following Annexure
- They should have passed the 3-year B.Sc Degree examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the group combination from a recognized University in the state or its equivalent for entry into relevant courses as given in the following Annexure.
- Candidates who are pursuing a Diploma course shall be eligible for entry into the relevant B.E./B.Tech./ B. Pharmacy courses provided they have completed the prescribed course and passed all the subjects for the award of diploma course before admission into the college.
- Candidates should have passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology/ Pharmacy/ B.Sc Degree as the case may be with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) for entry into relevant courses.
For registration and submission of online application the aspiring candidates have to visit the Official Website
All the details required such as qualifying examination (diploma or degree as the case may be ) hall ticket
number, SSC or 10th class hall ticket number, places of study from 6th class onwards, caste category.
The Aadhar Card number of the candidate is mandatory.
The payment of the registration fee can be done online through AP Online services or Payment Gateway
provided ( through Credit Card/Debit Card/ Net banking).
STEP - 1 Fee Payment
STEP - 2 Know Your Payment Status
STEP - 3 Fill Application (only after Fee Payment)
STEP - 4 Print Application Form (only after Submitting Application Form)
Pattern of APECET Examination
The examination will be for 200 Marks with 200 Objective type questions and the distribution of marks for each stream will be as follows:
Engineering (Civil/Electrical/Mechanical/ Electronics & Communications/Computer Science/
Chemical/Metallurgical/Mining/Electronics & Instrumentation/ Ceramic Technology/Bio technology as the case may be): 100
Pharmaceutical Chemistry: 50
B.Sc.(with Mathematics as one of the optional subjects) STREAM:
Analytical Ability: 50
Communicative English: 50
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Anantapur
Ananthapuramu 515 002