Andhra University conducts Andhra Pradesh Research Common Entrance test ( APRCET ) on behalf of the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE) for admission into Ph.D. ( Full time / Part time ) and M.Phil. ( Full time/ Part time ) research courses in 14 Universities, campus colleges, research centres and their affiliated colleges for the first time on behalf of APSCHE, Tadepalli, Guntur.
Admission in Courses through Andhra Pradesh Research Common Entrance Test 2019
The following courses are offered through APRCET are:
Pharmacy, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Electrical and Communication Engineering, Computer sciences and Engineering, Civil Engineering, Zoology, Statistics, Physics, Microbiology, Mathematics, Geology, Food and Nutritional Sciences, Environmental Science, Chemistry, Botany, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Aquaculture, Physical Education, Women’s Studies, Telugu, Social Work, Sociology, Sanskrit, Rural Development, Public Administration, Political Science, Mahayana Buddhist studies, M.B.A in Travel and Tourism Management, Legal Studies and Research, Human Resource management, Archaeology, History, Hindi, English, Education, Economics, Business Administration and Commerce.
APRCET 2019 Dates (Tentative)
- Starting date of the online application form In the month of July 2019
- Submission date of the application form In the month of July 2019
- Submission date with late fees Rs 2000/-In the month of August 2019
- Submission date with late fees Rs 5000/-In the month of August 2019
- Releasing of admit cards for the applicants In the month of August 2019
- Date of commencement of entrance exam In the month of August 2019
- Declaration of the results of the entrance exam In the month of September 2019
Full-Time (FT) Eligibility:
Candidates for admission to M.Phil./Ph.D. programme shall have a Master's degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/BC/PWD and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the University Grants Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master's degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
Part-Time (PT) Eligibility:
Candidate satisfying the eligibility conditions noted for Full time (F.T) can be admitted as Part-time candidate through, entrance test, as per the following order of priority. Admission into Part-time category will be made on the basis of service seniority in the respective categories.
- Regular Faculty working in the University or the P.G. Centers.
- Faculty working in Post graduate and Professional colleges having completed at least two years of service.
- This provision is not applicable to Faculty teaching Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Humanities in professional colleges.
- Faculty/Librarians/Asst. Librarians working in affiliated degree colleges or (c) Faculty working in Polytechnic/Government or private aided Junior Colleges having completed at least four years of service
- Technical employees working in research institutes having completed at least five years of service.
AP RCET 2019 Application Form
The important information related to the application form is mentioned below for the reference of the applicants:
- The application is available only in online mode
- Applicants need to register on the official website by visiting the official website.
- Fill the application form by entering necessary details in the application forms once the registration process is completed.
- Once the details are entered, applicants need to upload some required documents in the application form as mention on the official website.
- Check the application form and all the information that they have provided in the application form.
- Take a printout of the duly filled application form and pay the application fee as mention on the official website.
- Submit the duly filled application form before the due
AP RCET 2019 Selection Procedure
The important information related to the selection procedure is mentioned below for the reference of the applicants:
- On the basis of the results secured by the applicants in the entrance exam, official authorities will conduct an interview
- Personal interview round will be conducted for 20 marks.
- Official authorities will provide admission to the applicants on the basis of the performance in the entrance exam and the personal interview round.
- Interview round will be conducted by the concerned university department.
- Eligible applicants will get notification related to the interview round on the official website for the university.