APSCHE: Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education
The Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE) was established in 1988 to advise the Government in matters relating to Higher Education in the State and to oversee its development with perspective planning and for matters connected therewith and incidental thereto.
The National Educational Policy, 1986, recommended that state level planning and coordination of Higher Education will be done through councils of Higher Education and that the University Grants Commission (UGC) and these Councils will develop coordinative methods to keep a watch on standards. The said committee recommended that there is a pressing need for effective machinery for promotion and co-ordination of Higher Education at the state level and co-ordination of state level programs with those of the UGC.
Accordingly, the State Government decided to fill the gap by constituting a State Council of Higher Education as recommended in the National Educational Policy of the Government of India and as recommended by the committee constituted by the UGC. Thus came into existence Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education.
Initiatives of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education
- To overcome the difficulty on the access of actual statistics, the Council has initiated action to develop on-line database with the information of the Colleges, students and the Universities in the State.(Committee to evolve modalities for online data base).
- With a view to maintain transparency and systemise the financial and accounting procedures uniformly to all the Universities in the State and software thereon, the Council has prepared a report on Common Accounting and Finance Rules. (Committee on common Accounting and Finance Rules).
- To strengthen quality in Higher Education and to compete with other Universities, the Council has initiated action to re-draft the AP Universities Act considering the changes and issues in academic and administrative scenario.(Committee to study the Acts of other States and re-draft A.P.University Act).
- To maintain uniformity on the powers and functions of various Authorities and Officers in the University, the Council has prepared model statutes of the universities. (Committee to prepare model statutes).
- To regulate the admissions in the research programs, the Council has prepared common regulations for admission of students into Ph.D. programs in the Universities.(Committee to prepare Regulations for admission into Ph.D.).
- With a view to prevent delay in admissions and also save the time of the students for attending thecounselling as per their convenience and choice in any centre, the Council has introduced online facility in admissions.
Government Schemes of APSCHE
NTR Vidyonnathi provides professional guidance for Civil Services Examination for SC students.
Vidhya Nidhi scheme provides financial assistance to ST students to pursue higher studies in POst Graduate Courses in foreign universities in the name of Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi.
Common Entrance Tests (CETs)
The Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE) administers following entrance examinations in the state
Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education
Sree Mahendra Enclave, NRI Block (C-Block),
I&II Floors, Opposite State Bank of India,
Adjacent to NH-16, Tadepalli,
Phone (India) : 08645-274468
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org